Our BCIS Counseling Team is committed to providing services to support all our students and their families throughout their school journey in a safe and supportive environment.
At BCIS, we have four counselors serving the school community. All our counselors are professional educators with a mental health perspective who understand and respond to the challenges faced by young people and their families. Our collaborative approach with students, parents, and teachers supports positive social emotional well-being and growth, as well as the building of resilience and academic success.
Our programs are personalized, preventative, and developmental in nature. Learning experiences are designed to help students develop and maintain healthy relationships and gain a better understanding of who they are. Students are empowered to develop strategies to advocate for themselves, solve problems, and balance the demands of work and play ensuring both personal and academic success.
Our BCIS counselors provide the following services:
- Welcome new and returning students and their families by facilitating and supporting orientation and transition programs.
- Support homeroom and advisory programs through guidance lessons on a range of topics, including but not limited to: social skills, mindfulness, conflict resolution, digital citizenship.
- Confidential personal and small-group counseling services.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, administrators, and other educators to discuss, design, and implement specific interventions based on students’ individual needs.
- Represent students' well-being and child protection in school-wide programs.
- Parent workshops, which address several topics related to different stages of child/adolescent development.
Early Childhood/Elementary Counselor
Middle/High School Counselor
Child Protection Team Leader
High School Counselor
Director of University Guidance