Our BCIS Counseling Team provides services to support all our students and their families throughout their school journey in a safe and supportive environment. All our counselors are professional educators trained in mental health care who understand and respond to the challenges faced by young people and their families. Our collaborative approach with students, parents, and teachers supports positive social emotional well-being and growth, as well as the building of resilience and academic success.
Our BCIS counselors provide a wide range of services, including:
- Welcome new and returning students and their families by facilitating and supporting orientation and transition programs
- Support homeroom and advisory programs through guidance lessons including, but not limited to, social skills, mindfulness, conflict resolution, digital citizenship
- Confidential personal and small-group counseling services
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, administrators, and other educators to discuss, design, and implement specific interventions based on students’ individual needs
- Represent students' well-being and child protection in school-wide programs
- Parent workshops, which address several topics related to different stages of child/adolescent development