Mission & Vision
Mission, Vision & Philosophy
The BCIS mission is to challenge and empower students to be compassionate and inspired people, who act for the good of all and for the sustainable development of the world.
BCIS will be widely respected as an inclusive school offering a model cosmopolitan education.
As learners we value…
- curiosity, seeking understanding and enjoyment of lifelong learning
- academic achievement, physical well being, and personal success
- knowledge developed from diverse perspectives
- awareness and understanding of local and global issues
- inquiry and risk-taking in a safe and caring learning environment
- academically rigorous challenge, achieved through a differentiated approach
- creative thought, critical reasoning, and inspired action
- open and respectful communication
- shared responsibility for learning
- service to local and global communities
- commitment to environmental sustainability
- respect for self and others
- cultural understanding and linguistic diversity
- the uniqueness of China
Empowering and Inspiring through Challenge and Compassion.