The 2020 Avenir event for high school students creates authentic opportunities for sustainable entrepreneurship, social enterprise thinking, positive networking, & the value of critical feedback from experts & other global student teams working towards imagining future businesses that work for the good of all & sustainable development of the world.
Start-Up the Future: New dates to be confirmed soon
Following local authorities’ announcement, BCIS, along with other schools in Beijing, will remain closed until further notice due to the coronavirus situation in China. We have therefore decided that AVENIR2020 will be postponed. We have not yet established a specific time for rescheduling our event, but we do know it will be next school year (2020-2021). We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this rescheduling may cause.
Registration will remain open for any teams that wish to register for Avenir2020 and confirmation of your participation into the competition will be sent once the new date has been confirmed.
If your team has already been accepted into the competition (congratulations again), this status will remain the same for our postponed date. Hopefully you will still be able to attend the competition when we publish the new date.
Start-Up the Future
Avenir 2020 dates will be confirmed soon.
Cost of Entry per person: 250 RMB Early Bird (register before December 31st, 2019); or 350 RMB Late Registration (deadline January 31st, 2020). 6% additional charge for Fapiao.
What does that get you?
- Entry into a dynamic networking event including dinner
- Two lunches and snacks
- Certificates and Awards
- Exclusive feedback with real entrepreneurs
- Meet your Mentors, an experienced entrepreneur interested in hearing your ideas and providing you with the essential feedback
- Listen to inspiring keynote speakers talk about their experiences setting up businesses and the challenges they overcame
- Learn how to level up your business plan with a focus on sustainability
- Network with mentors, keynote speakers and fellow participants at an evening event
- Pitch your business idea to a panel of judges
- Compete and win big prizes to further your business idea
Benefits of getting involved:
- Free Professional Development with Inspire Citizens
- Provide students with real world experiences
- Bring IBDP Business Management to life
- Give MYP Personal Project a platform
- Listen to Keynotes from local entrepreneurs
- Networking opportunities
- Pitch ideas to real entrepreneurs
- Chance to win prize money to implement ideas
- Listen to Keynote Speakers from local entrepreneurs
- Receive feedback from entrepreneurial mentors
- Collaboration and networking opportunities - WeChat group, feedback sessions and social events.
If you are interested in participating in Avenir 2020, either as a sponsor, participant, mentor or judge, please scan the QR code below: