Welcome to Avenir!
Avenir is an annual competition organized by BCIS students. It aims to give students the opportunity to be involved in organizing and hosting a large event and also gives participants the opportunity to work with real entrepreneurs and get feedback from experienced mentors and judges.
Avenir is an:
“Event and platform for high school students that provides collaboration and networking opportunities for social entrepreneurship”
In 2019, there were 16 teams from six different schools in Beijing who shared their business ideas who all had a focus on sustainability. Avenir is closely aligned to our school mission here at BCIS, which is to "challenge and empower students to be compassionate and inspired people, who act for the good of all and for the sustainable development of the world."
- The BCIS winners of the senior division in Queensland University of Technology
Avenir 2020 will take place on March 8-9th, 2020.
Cost of Entry per person: 250 RMB Early Bird (register before 31st Dec, 2019); or 350 RMB Late Registration (deadline 31st January, 2020)
What does that get you?
- Entry into a dynamic networking event including dinner
- Two lunches and snacks
- Certificates and Awards
- Exclusive feedback with real entrepreneurs
- Meet your Mentors, an experienced entrepreneur interested in hearing your ideas and providing you with the essential feedback
- Listen to inspiring keynote speakers talk about their experiences setting up businesses and the challenges they overcame
- Learn how to level up your business plan with a focus on sustainability
- Network with mentors, keynote speakers and fellow participants at an evening event
- Pitch your business idea to a panel of judges
- Compete and win big prizes to further your business idea
Benefits of getting involved:
- Free Professional Development with Inspire Citizens
- Provide students with real world experiences
- Bring IBDP Business Management to life
- Give MYP Personal Project a platform
- Listen to Keynotes from local entrepreneurs
- Networking opportunities
- Pitch ideas to real entrepreneurs
- Chance to win prize money to implement ideas
- Listen to Keynote Speakers from local entrepreneurs
- Receive feedback from entrepreneurial mentors
- Collaboration and networking opportunities - WeChat group, feedback sessions and social events.
If you are interested in participating in Avenir 2020, either as a sponsor, participant, mentor or judge, please scan the QR code, leave your details, and we will send you more details about next year's event.